18 February 2008

A REPUBLICAN COVENANT IS REQUIRED!

.

I am very concerned about the state of 'Alternative National Movement and Struggle' in Cymru/Wales, over the years it's had it's up and downs but now I consider it's going into terminal decline and is not far off a deathly demise. The AWNM&S I am talking about is the one that I deal with in my AWNM&S Hist Archive Blog. http://awnms.blogspot.com/ , or as Robert ap Steffan might call it ''Peripheral Patriotism'', he being such a DYN PLAID. The final fizzle out was with WIP and the Census Campaign, since Alternative Nationalists aka ''Peripheral Patriots'' have witnessed come to the fore, to lead them forward, such as Cymru 1400 and Balchder Cymru. The former seems to be still there but it's ''American Off Spring'' seems to have sunk?. For a short while Cymru 1400, Balchder Cymru and a Red Dragon Movement merged to found a MUIADIAD RHYDDHAD CYMRU that all fell apart, as it's founders must have realised it was not but a ''Retro/Romantic'' Fantasy.
.
However, a positive outcome is that BALCHDER CYMRU survives and survives in a postive fashion as what I consider to be, at least an 'Anti - Colonial Cymric Consciousness Campaign'. If not the Movement of National Liberation their founders thought they might be? I say postive but also practical, as BC activists are involved in both protest campaigns on a number of issues as Hafod Rubbish Dump, in practical terms one cannot fail to admire their contribution to Band Cambria. They also make good effort regards commemorative activities regards Merthyron Abergele and Rali Cilmeri. I cannot fail, despite some misgivings call upon Patriots to join or support them in one area of their work or another, but my main misgiving with BC remains regards their pretense at being a ''Republican Movement''. Why? I have gone into this elsewhere, and their are the same criticism I made of that other ''Retro/Romantic Republican Grouplet'' known as Cymru Rydd, now demised with it most of it's members back in PINK PACT PLAID.
.
.
More than likly there were could patriots within the ranks of Cymru Rydd as there are in BC but they all need to get this claim to being ''Welsh Republicans'' sorted out. Lets clarify one thing first, so you all know where I am coming from on this matter, My love affair with our nations Medieval History, well really Welsh History in general, not least Maritime which as of yet I have not done much with in my blogs, but will sooner as later. In this Welsh history work , near enough for much of my adult life, post Adfywiad Gwladgarol 69, I have been involved with the Cofiwn Cymric Consciosness Struggle, see http://cofiwn.blogspot.com/ but now my medieval work is taken up there with archiving. I have very much in recent years been involved in I'r Gad Welsh Battlefield Campaign, see http://brwydr.blogspot.com/ but that is coming to a close as it's work is near completed, to be taken up and exspanded on by a, to be established later his year WELSH MILITARY HISTORY SOCIETY. As ''Political'' enough much of this work of mine might appear, basically it's just the radical way I go about doing much that presents it in such way, for my really political history area, you should take a look at my RED REMEMBRANCER blogging at http://redremembrancer.blogspot.com/
.
Politically, I am way to the left, that surely must be coming through in much that I say, particularly regards 'Y Crachach' and my VKC of ''Crach Fodder'' my collective name of ''Devolution Dilettantes'', ''Tartan Taffs'' and of course ''Good Ole Boys''. Indeed the more I read of Post Devolution Wales and it's politics the more I move towards an 'Autonomist' Political position, not quite Ian Bones beyond Anarchism Class War, although I have made nods to need for some ''Crachwar'' in Cymru. I am more thinking in direction of Lotta Continua, unfortunatly those who might be some where in the same direction, as possibly Terry Banfield of the Gwent Anarchist Group. Also many of those who work in and around the 'Gagged' South Wales Anarchist/Autonomist Network are on the whole not interested in any real identification with any understanding of our history as I consider a pre-requisite for any Political struggle in Wales, even an Anarchist one.
.
I do not make a virtue of going around pro-claiming myself to be a ''Welsh Republican'' but I am, but unlike other patriots who proclaim such, I have a clear understanding that those who consider them selves to be such, really need to give at least a little interest to what may be percieved as a Welsh Republican History. Not, just spout off about being ''Welsh Republicans'' but only make appearences at Annual Cilmeri Rally. and over latter years, turn out as ''Republican'' hangers on to the tail of the annual Dydd Dewi Parade in Caerdydd. I cannot wait to see, fotograph and film this years Parade down the Bay to steps of Assembly to see just how many so called ''Welsh Republicans'' both 'Old & New' are on the parade. That includes any Balchder ''Welsh Republicans'', plus of course John 'Sion' Roberts and his ''Hornets'' of MACYWIAID ANNWFAN - The Future! HHHhhhmmm!!! We will see?
.
.
So, what about Rali Cilmeri, well attending is alright, just keep in mind the only real purpose of Republicans possibly attending now, is that it, once radically restored, remains a RALI ADFYWIAD GWLADGAROL thus a platform for promoting ANTI - ENGLISH MONARCHY STRUGGLE and ANTI - INVESTITURE/PRETENDER CAMPAIGN IS SUSTAINED AND ENDURES IN READINESS FOR THE DAY THAT INVESTITURE III IS ANNOUNCED. Those who want to just remember Llywelyn III and who have nothing else in mind, note he was killed at Aberedw, not Cefn y Bedd, time you understood your history, see COFIWN ARCHIVE at http://cofiwn.blogspot.com/
.
All that aside, lets get back to some serious Welsh Republicanism, given the fact that the ''Remnants'' of ''Retro/Romantic'', are fast becoming now ''Crach Fodder Welsh Republicanism'', much same as the ''Good Ole Boys''. Perhaps even worse, is there is far too much of the ''Brit Guardianseque Republicanism'' about for any good purpose. I really consider it is time that those who really seriously consider WELSH REPUBLICANISM to be an essential Political idea and initiative to advance in Theory and Practise, then they must ''Sieze the Time!''. Not at any Rali Cilmeri, nor at the Dydd Dewi Parade in Caerdydd but by on 22 February 2008 they journy to Abergwuan, visiting grave of Henry Davies to lay tributes, and then making way to Garreg Wasted. There to consider and declare for a Welsh Republican Covenant based on the essential Welsh Republican Principles over printed on picture of W.R. Tri - Colour below:
.

.
To be Discussed & Debated and drafted at Bont Henry Davies on 22 - 02 - 2008? Then on to Garreg Wasted for Declaring of this Welsh Republican Covenant, maybe? See, previous posts regards directions.

.
Well! hopefully, I have shaken the ''Welsh Republican Tree'' enough to see something postive and practical done. I have done the Garreg Wasted trip, it's someones elses turn now, but note, treat this as informal consideration, after which I really would suggest a more formally organised WELSH REPUBLICAN CONGRESS is called to take place a Caerffili later in the year, to finnaly formulate and write in stone a WELSH REPUBLICAN CONVENANT. Most who percieve and proclaim themselves as real republicans may sign up to to this Covenant. Following which perhaps this annual WELSH REPUBLICAN CONGRESS would sustain the ideals of Welsh Republicanism and development of Welsh Republican Philopsophy and Theory towards, leading towards the revival of a Welsh Republican Political Platform, struggle and in time refounding of a restored WELSH REPUBLICAN MOVEMENT.
.
So, foward, the Struggle can begin on Dydd Dewi? or you can just meander along and participate in Dydd Dewi Parades, as what looks to be the beginning and end any real Patriotic Struggle? Alternativelly, get with the Welsh Republican Convention, and get cracking on making Welsh Republican Flags to symbolically wave around the Assembly of Appeasement on Dydd Dewi 2008. However, not on the Dydd Dewi Parade, or from within it as protest against English Lord Dic Sion Dafydd. All Nationalist Protesters need to Protest seperatly, so they and Welsh Republicans are not accused of being ''Dewi Day Showcase Spoilers'' or get confused with those who may be holding an Anti - Nationalist counter Demonstration against the Dydd Dewi Parade (see ref to on the web).
.
.
Possibly Welsh Republicans should just set up a WELSH INDEPENDENCE PICKET PROTEST outside the Assembly in the Morning, certainly between 12 Noon - 1:oopm, to greet Dic Sion Dafydd as he arrives to greet the Parade. There after cease protesting, so that the Paraders can so listen with out any protest or heckling, as climax of their parade to gather before ENGLISH LORD DIC SION DAFYDD! I suggest then that Radical Republicans and Militant Nationalists head back to down for a Social gathering at Tafarn Cayo, if anyone wishes to organise meetings or private socials then function rooms may be booked at Tafarn Cayo.

.
Such Welsh Republican Protests at Assembly of Appeasement on Dydd Dewi? why not make a bit of an effort to make INDEPENDENCE BANNERS, of the large two pole kind, as shown below. Note there will be stacks of media down, in and around the Assembly on Dydd Dewi, wonderful opportunity of occaision to carry out some AGIT - PROP to draw attention to the DEMAND FOR INDEPENDENCE. Go on, make the effort, I do, now it's some one elses turn, yes!
.
.
.

Gethin Gruffydd.