First got to know about Rorkes Drift from a school mates book of British Battles, then years later saw the film 'Zulu', in Taunton of all places where I had moved to at age 17 to work in a Weaving Mill. Back then, I thought the film fantastic and as an 'Action Movie' still think it's great, as is the film 'Black Hawk Down', a more contemporary version of a similar Military outing.' Seeing 'Zulu' the first time around made me feel very patriotic, particularly in Somerset, as exiles do. But of course later political awareness give me a different view and an historical truth regards Wales, the Welsh and the British Empire. So the present anniversary of the Zulu War makes me indifferent to the regimental glories of the S.W.B. and more supportive of the Zulus and now mindful of the fact that after the Battle of Rorkes Drift, the wounded Zulus on the ground were beynoted to death with out mercy. Then of course there's the Zulu War itself, of which you can read more on via links below.
.

.
.
.
.
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bourne I actually came upon his grave complete with Red Poppy some years ago whe I was looking arounf Beckenham Cemetary.
.


