Cayo & Coslett wanted an FWA as something akin to the Irish Volunteers of 1916, more militant minded Patriots wanted something similar to the IRA. Myself was struck by the idea of an 'Haganha' Israeli Style Self Defence Force as suggested by
Patriot Phil Henri. Whatever, a Secret or more open Army, it is all water under the Bridge. We did not get it up and running in the 'Sixties', so I doubt if it could be done now, and why anyway such is not really needed.
Patriot Phil Henri. Whatever, a Secret or more open Army, it is all water under the Bridge. We did not get it up and running in the 'Sixties', so I doubt if it could be done now, and why anyway such is not really needed. .
Anyway, am pretty sure that when the time comes, the RWF or the Royal Regiment of Wales will possibly 'Come Over'. Not likely, whatever only reason I can foresee for having an Independant Welsh Army is if a Tory Government in England decided to abolish a Socialist Welsh Parliament, in such case I am sure the Trade Unions in Wales could assemble a 'Workers Army'.
.
For more thoughts in this direction go over to my ASSYRIAN ROD Alternate Welsh History Blog, for some speculative creative thinking in this direction, a left direction regards a WELSH CITIZENS ARMY?

.
Gethin Gruffydd.

