


The Play as reviewed by Chapter in 2002.Wed, 10 April 2002 - Sat, 27 April 2002. CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE. “Sparks with energy ….stunning performances,” The Western Mail(of Sgript Cymru's Art and Guff) Franco's Bastard is directed by Simon Harris. The cast includes James Coombes (The Bill, Heartbeat, Holby City), Karin Diamond (Magistrates) and Shane Attwooll (The Bill, Nuts and Bolts). Carlo is a philosopher. Carlo is a soldier. Carlo is a lover. Carlo is a hunter. Carlo’s tears make Llyn Brianne. Carlo is the dawn on Poppit Sands… the rough seas’ calmer who whistles out the boats on beating eddies… a man with not a hint of mediocrity. Carlo is a fascist… While dreaming of the day when a new Wales will dawn, Carlo Francisco Franco Lloyd Hughes’s “project” goes strangely awry, when he falls in love with a mixed-race woman from Cardiff and meets a playboy called Ben, who murdered his boss with a frozen fish… Drawing on personal experience of Julian Cayo Evans, self-styled leader of the Free Wales Army, Franco’s Bastard is a richly written and very funny play looking at the absurdities of nationalism through the eyes of Carlo – a romantic fascist who believes himself to be the illegitimate son of General Franco and “a horse owner and citizen of Rome.” £7.50/£5First Night Preview (10th) All Tickets £5Monday Saver (15 + 22nd) 2 for the price of 1.
Photos above from http://adfywiad.blogspot.com See details there of FatWA 2002, and why it still stands.








Above critique I wrote regards 2002 showing of FB, have lost PC Word Version, could only republish here, this way from hard copy. Sorry, best I could do, am in a rush to go away again.
Photo above (Whose is it? if I knew I would credit) is of Cayo's funeral, over a 1000 attended and many patriots annually mark the anniversary of the death of Former FWA Commandant Cayo with grave side commemoration. When Dic Edwards dies, it will not be long before he his forgotten but Cayo will be ever remembered as long as there are Welsh Patriots to continue the struggle that Cayo and others began in the great 'Adfywiad Gwladgarol 1963 - 1969. See http://awnms.blogspot.com
Fe Godwn Ni Eto!
Gorchfygwn!
Gethin ap Gruffydd
Former PF-FWA Volunteer, imprisoned with Comrade Cayo 1969.
Note Email below, I was recently sent and of course the matter raised are quite pertinent and worthy of our attention and consideration, giving further reason for patriotic protest:
I sent an email to Chapter, using their feedback form - >http://www.chapter.org/aboutus/feedback.html>> http://www.chapter.org/2376.html - This web page refers to the play " > Franco's Bastard " being based on the author's experience of Cayo, and the > play depicts somebody totally deluded and enamoured of Fascism which Cayo > was not. I think that this libels the man and by association libels those > who associated themselves with him. I think that you should remove this > statement, or modify it at the least to make it clear that this play is > not about Cayo, and that Cayo did not share the beliefs of the character > portrayed.>
Get the point? What are your oppinions on this? G.
