The Kossovo situation was an easy one, I just thought Serbia was wronged and I came to this opinion from having done quite a lot of reading about the Austrian - Hungarian Empire, Pan Slavism and Yugoslavia. I know very little about Georgia, or of the Ossetians, a quick suss on the web and I find that the Ossetians are descendants of the Alans. My knowledge of the Alans is also meager, I first came across they in a book called the CATALAN VENGENCE, by the way an excellent read. The Alans, or rather their remnants were raiding into Greece in the 13th Century following on collapse of Byzantium, they were one of the northern tribes giving the Greco - Normans trouble and whom the Catalan mercenaries were to come up against. That's more or less, is the sum total of my knowledge in this area apart from knowing that Stalin was a Georgian. So, on this Georgian/Ossetian Issue I will leave others to discuss and debate and choose sides as Dr John Davies does and makes known in his letter to the Western Mail recently. I know many Welsh Cultural Nationalists, as Robert Hinton supported Kossovans because the Serbs were suppressing their language, maybe Cultural Nationalists will be supporting the Ossetians for similar reasons, linguistic ones?
.
..