01 March 2008

ST DAVID's DAY 2008: When all's said and done, have a good day!

.
I am getting soft, I send you some daffodils, for Dydd Dewi Day, be you a Parade Participator, Parade Protester or a Parade Boycotter. Please one and all share in this Republican Rendering of my feeling that Dydd Dewi 2008 is as ever well set in BRITISH BLUE, as it's always been so, since Henry V made a festival of the day in thanks for his Victory over the French at AZINCOURT 1415. But then you knew that, didn't you? Have a nice day! See the manhole in the picture, the meaning of which you will be informed of, over at WELSH REMEMBRANCER at http://welshremembrancer.blogspot.com/
.
.
PLEASE NO DEMONSTRATIONS AGAINST THE DYDD DEWI DAY 2008 CARDIFF PARADE, I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THE BRITISH ARMY IS NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE BUT AS PER USUAL ARE HOLDING THEIR ST DAVID DAY RECRUITMENTS AROUND AND ABOUT THE CAPITAL. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THOSE AGAINST MILITARISM AND THAT INCLUDES THE ''PLAID LEFT'' AND CND CYMRU et al WOULD BE MORE UP FOR PICKET PROTESTS OF THIS RECRUITMENT OF WELSH LADS TO FIGHT IN ENGLAND'S FOREIGN WARS AND POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN ESTABLISHING THE E.U. COLONY OF KOSOVO. AFTER ALL SOON AMERICA WILL HAVE MILITARY BASES THERE POINTING MISSILES AT RUSSIA, AIN'T THAT WORTH YOUR WORTHY ANTI - WAR ATTENTION? MORE SO THAN PARADING ABOUT IN MEMORY OF A CHRISTIAN SAINT, WHO WAS NOT TOO KEEN ON THE BEER WHICH I DARE SAY MOST PATRIOTS WILL BE DOWNING A LOT OF AT TAFARN OWAIN GLYNDWR, MOCHYN DDU OR CAYO ARMS, OR WHEREVER ON DYDD DEWI DAY INTO THE NIGHT.
.
IT's NO USE ME APPEALING TO WELSH NATIONALISTS TO BOYCOTT THE PARADE BUT I HOPE THEY WILL AT LEAST HAVE ENOUGH SENSE TO USE IT, TO ADVANCE THE CAUSE OF WELSH INDEPENDENCE, SEEING AS YOUR BEING ASKED TO MARCH ALL THE WAY FROM CITY CENTRE TO THAT ASSEMBLY OF APPEASEMENT WITH ENGLISH IMPERIALISM TO LISTEN TO AN ENGLISH LORD, MORE FOOL YOU, IF YOU DON'T! I WILL HOWEVER, CALL ON WELSH REPUBLICANS TO BOYCOTT THE PARADE AND INSTEAD MAKE PICKET PROTEST OUTSIDE THE ASSEMBLY DEMONSTRATING AGAINST DEVOLUTION AND DEMANDING OF A WELSH REPUBLIC, of course if there are those amongst you who feel the urgent need to shout out Ta! Ta! Thomas and ENGLISH LORDS ARE NOT WANTED IN WALES, then why not, do so! Or maybe just BOO THE BASTARD! why not?
.
Well that's enough of all the Welsh Republicanism, on Dydd Dewi 2008 in Caerdydd, we will see if it's up to scratch or just a lot of hot air usually blown out annually at the Nationalist Rali Cilmeri after a few pints. I am not holding my breath, I fear that the Welsh Republican dream of Cliff Bere, Harri Web and Pedr Lewis is finally becoming but a very dim memory. Must be all but forgotten, when one actually have former 60's & 70's Welsh Republicans, even Cyfamodwyr participating in the organisation of this Dydd Dewi Parade straight into the lap of ENGLISH LORD 'Dic Sion' DAFYDD ELLIS THOMAS. Can you believe it? Yes! I am afraid it's true, so much for any Patriotic Principles or Courage of Conviction?

.
AFTERTHOUGHT: Generally in this blog, I have advanced I suppose a Welsh Nationalist Republicanism, not too tradional but still in footsteps of WRM I & II. This whole Dydd Dewi 2008 exercise in part was an attempt to encourage this form of Nationalist Welsh Republicanism to rise to the occaision, so to speak. This has proved a failiure it seems by virtue alone of the Welsh Republican silence on issues raised regards matters evolving out of this years Dydd Dewi 2008 parade. It appears to me that there was more fizzz!!! in a bottle of Corona pop than there is in the ''Retro-Rom'' Remnants of any so called Welsh Republicanism. Such in mind, already I am fast coming to the oppinion persuaded by discussion on these matters aforementioned in the Wales Socialist forums on the web, that any future Welsh Republicanism must of neccessity seek to evolve within, out of and around ideas and initatives that work towards a WELSH SOCIALIST REPUBLICAN STRUGGLE.
..
To this end, I now consider that the Welsh Republican Covenant I have suggested be such that it is a Socialist one, and that the first steps towards any Welsh Socialist Republican reality must be first in seeking to appreciate ways by which such could be advanced. In this direction I draw Welsh Republican Attention to the Irish Republican Congress established in 1934, see>>>Republican Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Republican Congress was an Irish Republican political organisation founded in 1934, when left wing republicans left the Irish Republican Army. ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Congress - 30k - Cached - Similar pagesMore results from en.wikipedia.org »
.

Towards such ends, those of Welsh Socialist Republican persusuasion would all the better spend their time in helping to establish and attend an INSURRECTION 1831 INTERNATIONAL COMMEMORATION rather than waste any further time on such posuer patriot affairs as Rali Cilmeri Commemoration. For further information check out all on RED REMEMBRANCER at http://redremembrancer.blogspot.com

.

Think on it ok!

.

I leave you for a while now, taking a break after a lot of Foto & Film work at Dydd Dewi Day 2008 events in Caerdydd, but before I go I add to this post, inks to the writings of Welsh Republican Stalwart Sue Davies. These and all else should keep you going waywardly on your way till I get back, at start of summer, in time for some Cofia 1831!

.
Read first post and then at bottom click on home for other posts: Cymru/Wales comment: Sue Davies explains her blog We'll see how it goes. SUE DAVIES. posted by Sue Davies at 1:34 AM ... A commentary on many matters by a Welsh nationalist and republican. ...walescomment.blogspot.com/2005/06/sue-davies-explains-her-blog.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages
.
Hwyl!
.
Gethin.
.